Saturday, February 1, 2014

Rod Set On Natural Hair



1st Day of my Rod Set

Hey Loves, I wanted to share my latest attempt at a rod set on my natural hair. If you recall my Hair Therapy post last month (view it by clicking HERE after you finish reading this post) 
I bought a few packs of cold wave (perm) rods to try. I have plenty of white rods, which are larger and I will get frizz in a day or two. The smaller the rods the tighter the curls, the longer my hair will last. 
So this all led me to purchase several packs of gray and orange colored rods for this style. 


I absolutely love using these to make pretty curls. It takes some time to set the hair because you need to use small sections of hair. It took me about about 2.5 hours (I took a few breaks and watched tv). For my curls to be crisp, moisturized, and last for at least 2 weeks, I knew that using the right products correctly is the only way you can achieve a long lasting easy to manage naturally curly hair style. 
For the process, I did a prepoo, using Olive Oil, coconut oil, castor oil, & essential oils (rosemary, lavender, and peppermint) See a video of the prepoo process CLICK HERE


I cowashed my hair with Luv Naturals Triple Conditioner and completed a Deep Conditioning treatment using Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment


I sat under my hooded dryer for about 20 minutes with the Creme of Natural Intensive Conditioning Treatment before rinsing it out. Once my hair was free of product, it was so silky feeling, soft, and moisturized. Ready for my rod set!!

I used a generous amount of my prepoo mixture to seal in the moisture of my soaking wet hair. I used Kinky Kashmere All in One Conditioner to moisturize my hair strands and Design Essentials Naturals Twists and Set setting lotion to style and hold my hair. 


I couldn't wait to take down my hair (which did not take long to dry) so I had to peek at the curls to see how they turned out :-) 


Loving it! My hair had hold and without being stiff and was shiny and moisturized. I am really wanting to get a FIERCE color in my hair to really make styles like these pop! 


This is my hair immediately after I took down the rollers, before pulling any of the curls apart. 
CURLS RUN THE WORLD!! I didn't want to pull all the curls apart because I can continue to make the style bigger by pulling a few apart every few days. I did want to make sure I covered all the parts in between the curls so I used my afro pick to add volume and style. 



Thanks for checking out my post! I hope it helps you in your natural hair journey! 
Visit my YouTube channel for more hair styles and tutorial videos

Visit Natural Hair Freedom on Facebook Page by Clicking HERE

Instagram @NaturalHairFreedom
Twitter @NHairFreedom

Are you in the Google+ Natural Hair Freedom Group? JOIN US!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network