Saturday, January 7, 2012

Homemade Leave in Conditioner Recipe I LOVE IT!!







Since my hair has been all natural I have been searching high and low to find a product that keeps my hair moisturized and also provides these thirsty curls plenty of shine and hydration. I never would have thought I could make a great leave in conditoner on my own with a few key ingrediants. Kimmaytube deserves full credit for the providing me the details about the "why, what, and how" of balancing the elements that you put into your hair.
I am still tweaking the recipe for my hair needs as I continue to understand the dynamics of the hair strand itself.

This recipe has been working wonderfully for me and I have been loving the results! Are there homemade recipes for shea butters or deep conditioners that you are using? I would love for you to share them in the comments section


I used a quarter sized amount of my homemade leave in conditioner on 10 sections of my hair before using Miss Jessies babybutter creme.

I used cold wave rods to provide curls

At night I raked through my hair in sections and used a dime sized amount of my homemade leave in conditioner and added mostly to the ends of before still using the cold wave rods 

I pulled my hair back on the sides with large bobby pins. I really love it!

Was this post helpful? Subscribe and Comment

2 comments:

  1. Cute! What are cold wave rods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sista! Cold wave rods are also called "perm rods" or Jherri curl rods". They have different sizes for very short to long hair! Check out Sally's and your local beauty supply store and they will show you exactly where they are. I used both the gray and pink cold wave rods.
    Let me know how it works!

    Subscribe!!

    ReplyDelete

Curlfriend Social Network