Sunday, October 11, 2015

My Curvy Diary: Plato's Closet

Hey Loves, I wanted to share another gem for the my curvy loves here in the metro Atlanta area to find trendy and affordable pieces for your wardrobe. I have fallen in love with the Plato's Closet in Douglasville, right off I-20 (Chapel Hill exit). 

This was the first Plato's Closet store that I ever patronized, and it has remained my favorite store location.  I Have been to several other locations, but they do not prioritize sizes for the curvy girl!!! like really???? Ya'll can't represent the curvy girl? 


From Platos Closet websiteWe're not your typical secondhand clothing store. The gently used clothing and accessories that we buy are: top-name brands, cool, hip, trendy, clean and in good condition. Typically we buy items that have been in the retail stores within the past 12 to 18 months and are current teen and young adult styles still seen in the mall.

The location in Douglasville has more sizes for curvy girls although they don't go above 2XL or a size 18 :-( yeah I know that kinda sucks for those of us who fluctuate in our sizes. 
Right now, Im rolling with my 18/20 curves and loving the skin I'm in. Back to Plato's Closet in Douglasville, where I bought this floral Forever 21 pantsuit for $10

 
You guys know that I'm in love with florals...love love love flowers!! This pantsuit was one of my favorite summer thrifting buys, because I've seen it at the Forever 21 store and it wasn't in my price range at $22.90. Here it is with the tags attached for $10. Man, this is the thrill of thrifting! 


My black sequin jacket is a Goodwill find ($6) and the long pearl necklace is a gift from my mom's closet lol. I am going to be consigning a few of my shoes to Platos Closet, and I want to share my experience for that with you guys. It will be my first experience. Do you use consignment to clean out your closet? Share your experience with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network