Monday, January 18, 2016

Curls for Days!

One of the things I did last year (2015) with my natural hair was to CUT MY HAIR!! My hair was at bra strap length and I was having the worst days and completely dreaded washing and twisting all them curls!!! 

I went to my natural hair stylist, Deshonica Kerrie, whom I trust completely with my hair, and asked her to cut it for me. I brought a photograph with me and she made my hair look even better than the photo! lol 

When I first made the decision to cut my hair, I was going through so many emotions as far as styling my natural hair. Initially it seems like there just aren't that many options besides rocking a Wash N Go or a TWA (teeny weeny afro). My hair was too short for bantu knots or flat twists, so I almost thought I was doomed! 

This style is a wash and go achieved on an old twist out using Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding

Well I got really creative with natural hair tools and came up with a way to show off my curly hair in a good light even though it was shorter than usual :-) You can always check out the Natural Hair Freedom Instagram page for more inspiration for styling as well as products to use. Here are a few styles that I have conquered with my shorter natural hair, that I have absolutely fallen in love with!

I had my natural hair pressed out for this soft look. I only go to my stylist for pressing out my natural hair, just because I want to make sure that my curls bounce back healthy and in tact! This style last for about a week. It would have lasted longer but it happened to rain all week :-( 



This style was achieved by me with several different sizes of perm rods (gray, blue, and orange). The style lasted over a week with minimal upkeep. If the curls got frizzy I just reset them overnight, and they were fresh in the morning. I used Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo, conditioner, and styling lotion to achieve this style. 


I look forward to trying a few new things with my hair in 2016!! Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network