Sunday, August 2, 2015

Poor Calvins - Atlanta Foodie

Hey curlfriends,

If you didn't already know, this girl likes to eat. I like to eat good food too, lol. I've been in Atlanta for a number of years and I am amazed at how many perfect eateries tucked away in the Atlanta area. I love to get out in the street of the A and find the best spots, especially for brunch. I LOVE a brunch yall!


If you are a member of my social networking group, Natural Hair Freedom on meetup.com, then you already know that we host an annual brunch and have a blast as it grows bigger and bigger each year!

But on to the matter at hand... food at Poor Calvins


I came upon this little golden nugget when it was recommended by a friend. I was hunting for something new to eat and called her to get a few suggestions. Poor Calvins was less than 8 minutes from where I was at and it became instantly my first choice. A sistah was obviously hungry at the time lol

You can visit their website for basic details http://www.poorcalvins.com/Home

Atmosphere
The atmosphere is always busy as all get out. I highly recommend that you make reservations on the weekends. It doesn't matter if you are coming for brunch or dinner...make a reservation.
There is patio seating as well as outside dining options available. Its the middle of the summer so the outside seating is pretty but it can get warm in the heat real quick. uh yeah...
The inside patio area is lovely and if you head over to Poor Calvins by yourself, you can have a seat at the bar and get super LOVE from the bartenders working. The bar staff is excellent, but I will get into that more in the customer service portion.

Food 
AMAZING!!! The menu is a mix of Asian and Seafood Fusion. I've had the opportunity to enjoy the Lobster Fried Rice (pictured) as well as the Chicken & Waffles and Seafood Rolls. ALL DELICIOUS!!! No complaints over here with the food or the time it takes to receive my meal.




Drinks
The drinks are unique, strong and tasty. I had my favorite cocktail, a margarita (pictured) and I only milked that baby the entire time. It was really tasty and placed in a very sexy glass. Luckily the water is free (some places in Atlanta do charge for water smh). I saw the bartender making a Grape Smash and I got excited and it wasn't even my drink! The drink was made by crushing fresh grapes, adding brown sugar and then the liquor added was Hennessy. I'm a tequila girl, but that cocktail looked so delicious while it was being made. Definitely going to try it on my next trip over there after hours.
P.S. There are no unlimited mimosas...ya girl learned the hard way lol
 

Customer Service
The customer service is good if you have a reservation. Point blank. If its not busy, and you did not make a reservation, then you are good to go. If you made a reservation, you will literally feel like royalty as you walk past the crowd waiting for a open seating. Another point that needs to be made is that your entire party must be present in order for your party to be seated. So you will remain a commoner, until your entire party arrives.
The bar staff & servers are the BEST! They are friendly, informative, and always ready to help or get you whatever you need. If you encounter an issue, you can ask for James, the manager and he is always willing to help or get your issue handled.

Parking
Okay so if you come to Poor Calvin's on the weekend, you best arrive early and try your best to valet (its free, but you should tip) If the valet parking lot is full, then you are on your own to find a spot that allows parking. You really don't want to park just anywhere, I promise you really want to make sure you park somewhere where parking is allowed. There are usually a few spots on the street, but make sure you are not under a NO PARKING sign! Otherwise get parked and ready for a succulent Absolute Fusion meal at Poor Calvin's!

Did you enjoy this Atlanta Foodie Review? Let me know what are your favorite Atlanta spots to eat?

Follow me on Twitter for more foodie posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network