Sunday, March 25, 2012

My First Natural Hair Meet up!!

I have been a addict to Facebook and Youtube to make friends and share common interests with folks all over the world. I recently learned of a site called Meet Up! This site offers plenty of options for anyone with similar interests to get together and share some laughs, food, or whatever you want! 


I became a member of Atlanta Naturals immediately after I did my Big Chop. 
 I'm haven't been totally active since I joined, but I have been creating my own collection of Hair Care tips and tutorials, including my Facebook page Journey to Natural Hair Freedom, my Facebook Group, Natural Hair Freedom and my YouTube channel. I have been sharing my hair journey and now its time I reach out to my fellow naturals, face to face! 


At the Atlanta Natural Meet and Greet Meetup, I met women in the Atlanta area that have been natural for 2 years to 10 years! The meet up host for Atlanta Naturals, Tachia Peck, was welcoming and there was a embracing vibe in the air. We were introduced to the Bob Johnson, the founder of the World Natural Hair Show and Juneteenth Wholistic Health and Natural Hair Expo. It was a meet up with over 20 naturals in the Atlanta area in attendance, at Marlee's Coffee and Tea. 


We introduced ourselves and talked about upcoming hair  shows, our favorite products, and shared different business ventures (jewelry, apparel, and product testing) the women were sponsoring. There was even an area for product swapping to soothe my product addiction! The coffeehouse is black owned and the Very Berry smoothie I ordered was yummy! 


I was able to meet some beautiful naturals and had a great time! I will definitely be attending more meet ups in the future. Hope to see you out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network