Monday, October 31, 2011

My First Press Out!!! 4 months after my Big Chop



Glossy~


It has been awhile since I straightened my hair. I mean...when I had an interview back in July I used a flat iron to press it out but it was soo humid and I look like a puppy poodle by mid-afternoon! lol

 Since I didn't do a good job at my pressing my natural hair using what I had at home, I have been rocking differently styled twist outs or a wash n go.

When my stylist, who had relocated, Maryum came into Atlanta for the weekend and she was booking appointments, I jumped on it, and made my appointment! Maryum has a way with my hair and she has taught me how important TRUST is to have with your stylist. I made my appointment and I was SOOO EXCITED!!!







on my way to Styles by Delores on Cascade to see Maryum (she was only in town a few days @ this salon)

So Maryum and sat me under a dryer for about an hour and used a leave in conditioner. She blew out the remaining wetness from my hair with a blow dryer.Once I was all dry, she pressed me out with a flat iron (I'm unsure of the brand, but I can find out). It was so beautiful, thick, and I couldn't stop running my fingers through my hair ya'll!!!



Taking pics as soon as I got home!!






The first night I rolled my hair on some rollers...I did not like how that turned out...





First day after getting my hair done

So I used this method I learned about from one of my natural bff's Erika. She has a Facebook Group called "Natural Hair" that she created to share her hair story. The pin curl method is used with bobby pins after sectioning off your hair and curl the hair and pin it down with a bobby pin.










after i have completely pin curled the entire head i just put on my silk scarf and call it a night!!!!



GOOD NIGHT!!!
The next morning I use my handy Denman brush to brush my hair in a wrap (like you normally would at night) and rub some Aveda Brilliance Finishing Gloss and put my scarf back on while I'm getting dressed.





I use a wide toothed comb to play with my hair until it looks cute enough and TADA!!!!










I'm loving it so much more than I ever imagined! I will defeintely be calling Maryum everytime I know she is in town to have her press my natural tresses anytime :-)

~CocoNatural

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network