Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Natural Hair Talk with Coco and Stella

Wow its already July 2012 and I look back and see how much I have progressed in my life I know how blessed I am to live to be better woman of God. It is not easy, but He is on my side!

Now let me share with you some of the summer projects for natural hair that I am working on :-)

First I have been getting on my game and posting more You Tube videos to keep information flowing and sharing all my experiences along my Natural Hair Journey. You can select Journey to Hair Freedom Channel and go directly to my You tube channel. I have videos from when I was mini chopping my own hair and trying out different transitioning styles to more current product reviews and steps I'm taking to improve my Healthy Natural Hair Care regime.




I have become addicted to My Journey to Natural Hair Freedom Facebook page. You can click on the name and it will take you directly to the page. LIKE the page!! I talk about everything from natural hair, fashion, sales, and of course updates every day on what me and Stella are to now...you know we always up to something ;-) 

I have decided to take the reigns for an Atlanta based Natural Hair Product Junkie Meet Up group
I'm sooo exited about this opportunity for me and Stella. When we are around naturals and hair products, I'm telling you..we are definitely in our element lol. 
Here is the link to go directly to the Natural Hair Product Junkies Group on Meet Up.com
We will have our first product swap on August 4, 2012 from 1-4pm. 
This is a product swap/giveaway/sell event and if you have gently or never used natural hair products to swap, you can bring them to the event to swap or sell. Come over and join the group on and even if you can't come to the summer meet up, you can attend the next one in the fall!! 
The Product Swap Meet Up Group is on facebook too! Join the group and stay updated with events, sales and discounts, and meeting a great group of naturals!

The most fascinating opportunity that I have been blessed with is joining the Natural Girls Rock Movement :-) I became a member earlier this year in April and immediately bought tickets to go to the NGR Anniversary party. It was the night before the World Natural Hair Show too!! Man I was ready! Unexpectedly, my grandmother became very ill and when she passed, I immediately went to Brunswick to be with my family. I wasn't able to participate at that time.
When Kelly J, Founder of Natural Girls Rock posted looking for natural women of all ages, shapes and sizes for a 2012 NGR Model Call, my attention was immediately captured. Here was a new opportunity to actively engage and be a part of a natural hair movement right in front of me. 

Check out My Journey to 2012 Natural Girls Rock Model Call 



Now I am officially one of the 15 Semi Finalists!!! WOOT WOOT!! It was great meeting these beautiful woman who all had come so far in their journeys of life AND hair ;-) This is a movement in embracing one other, giving back to our community and of course giving up that creamy crack!
We are all NATURAL GIRLS THAT ROCK!!

Check out the video of the 2012 NGR Model Search





Now its time for you to vote for the Top 5! I am applicant #23 Carnella&Stella
I need for you to go to the Natural Girls Rock Facebook Page and post what you think makes me #23 Carnella Coco Natural Harvey a NATURAL GIRL THAT ROCKS!!

I want you to stay updated with everything going on with me and Stella and here is where you can find us!

My Journey to Natural Hair Freedom Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/NaturalGirlFreedom

My Hair Freedom Channel on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/blackpearl1378?feature=mhee

Atlanta Natural Hair Product Swap Meet Up Group
http://www.meetup.com/Natural-Hair-Product-Junkies/

Atlanta Natural Hair Product Swap Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/351911704868811/

Twitter: @thecoconatural
Instagram username: coconatural 


Don't forget to post your Natural Girls Rock VOTE FOR #23 CARNELLA & STELLA ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network