Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2011 Fall World Natural Hair Health and Beauty Show

I was soooo ready for the Hair Show this Fall!!! I went to the hair show for the first time earlier this year when I was transitioning in April 2011. My natural bff, Erika and another friend, Tanya got ourselves all geared up for the show early that morning. We had signed up for a few workshops on twisting methods and a workshop by a woman who developed a tool used to twist your hair or dreads around to make pretty spirals. It was so much fun and a little overwhelming!! There was loud music, hair competitions, free samples, and so many beautiful natural hairstyles that I truly lost my mind!!! I just wanted to stand around  all day and just watch women walk by looking at the different patterns and styles natural hair can be...the woes of a thirsty transitioner :-(





Fast Forward.....Big Chop June 17, 2011 (thats a whole nother post....)







Yall know I couldnt WAIT for the hair show!! I was going to make sure to stock up on all kinds of hair and beauty products!!! I was pleased more than I can imagine yall....check it out



Atlanta, Georgia



I already had my grande caramel macchiato!!!



Me and Letoiya (k-town naturals..lol)


For the Fall show I got up super early for me (8am) and volunteered at the hair show. If you attended a workshop you probably saw me wearing my "Ask Me for Help" shirt. I enjoyed the volunteering, since we did get a sample product and some flyers for it. Also, as volunteers, we did have free entry into the exhibit hall and the fashion show, so it was defintely a plus!!
I was so damn tired after volunteering on Saturday....I took my ass straight home my feet were killing me..lol

I brought my mom back on Sunday!!!!



2 natural beauties



the stage where lots of hair was being done


of course my mom had to do some shopping!!lol


2012 Natural Hair Model and little girl


 
2 strand twists being done with Taliah Waajid Locking Gel

Once the twists were completed...soo pretty!

One of the many Taliah Waajid stylists doing it up



Celebrity Sylist Felicia Leatherwood
doing Shayla's hair using Shea Moisture
newest product "Curling Souffle"





I was having a blast again on Sunday...I was here about 5 hours yall...lol.
I can't wait to do it all over again in April 2012...See you there!!!!!

~CocoNatural

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network