Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Shorter Hair - Feelin Myself



I am still feeling every bit of my shorter hair. Its not an easy decision to come to when you go from length to short hair. I have so many women how approach me and admire my tapered cut and say they want to go natural so badly and they want to cut their hair but they are clearly stuck in their own head about having shorter hair. I want to just them courage and confidence and let them know just how empowering the experience and the hair style can truly be. 

Uggggh!  Most times, I just say "I understand, you have to make that decision yourself", and let it be at that. Of course I usually give them contact information to Natural Hair Freedom and let them know its a community of individuals that have been right where they are. 



Since I've cut my hair there is event more of a feeling of empowerment that I never realized. It's anohte rpiece of the hair struggle that you let go of. Length. I never realzied how driven we can be about maintaining maximum length for our hair. Sometimes it can be seen as the only way hair is viewed as beautiful. We know better than this. Clearly. 



I encourage you to embrace something totally different this year regarding your hair. Conquer a fear! Add some color, get a cut you always wanted, try a new protective style...whatever you have wanted to do...MAKE THAT ISH HAPPEN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network