Friday, February 14, 2014

Flat Twist out on Natural Hair


I absolutely love the definition achieved with this hair style and, of course from using my Holy Grail products from Kinky Kashmere. I met the owner and fabulous mixologist, Ashley at a natural hair event in Atlanta. Once we connected, she came out to be a vendor at one of the Natural Hair Freedom meetups. 





As you can see the definition in Ashley's hair is amazing!! (She is the natural on the right) 
The hair care line has several products, and I have tried all of them!! Lol! 
Visit Kinky Kashmere on Facebook to get your hair goodies CLICK HERE



Back to business, here's are the steps I followed to achieve this beautifully defined twist out. 

STEPS TO ACHIEVE STYLE

Detangled and co-washed my hair using Jane Carter Nutrient and Replenishing Conditioner
Rinse out the conditioner with cold water
Rubbed a quarter sized amount of castor oil into my hair and scalp
Used a Denman brush to detangle my hair and part into 4 sections
I made smaller section to begin flat twisting
Sprayed KK Knotty Refresher Spray on section
Rubbed in KK All in One Conditioner from root to tip on section
Flat Twisted the secion


I hung around and didn't veer off too far from the house so I kept my hair twisted until I went to church on Sunday. I have to say this is the first time I have not used perm rods on the ends of my hair either. Normally I add the perm rods to create a defined curl at the ends of my hair. Sometimes the ends can appear to look straight and this helps. (This is a great option if you are still transitioning or have heat damaged ends)


Before I took down my twists I re-sprayed my hair with the KK Knotty Refresher Spray and coated my ends with the KK All in One Conditioner. Of course my ends immediately started popping!! :-) You know naturals love to see their curls pop, and I am no exception!! I used a dime seized amount of castor oil to take down my twists and rubbed my scalp to reduce the visibility of the parts in my hairstyle.







Thanks for checking out my blog today! Make sure you subscribe for more posts on #naturalhair and opportunities to attend Natural Hair Freedom meetups on the metro Atlanta area.

Join Natural Hair Freedom HERE

Like the Natural Hair Freedom Page on Facebook HERE 

Subscribe to Natural Hair Freedom on YouTube HERE

Follow Natural Hair Freedom on Twitter @NHairFreedom

Follow Natural Hair Freedom on Instagram @NaturalHairFreedom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network