Friday, December 28, 2012

The Four Agreements: Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

Some of you may already know that I received my Masters in Social Work from Clark Atlanta University, and my full time job is working as a policy consultant for a child welfare agency.

I was selected as 1 of 12 participants in a Annie E. Casey Foundation Initiative, the Agents of Change in Child Welfare and Leadership program. Our group from Georgia have been attending monthly conferences for the past year focusing on older youth in foster care having a life long connections with a safe family once they exit the system. 

We learn so much and there is always homework! One of hte books that we have been charged to read is The Four Agreements, a practical guide to personal freedom by Don Miquel Ruiz. 



 I breezed through this book very quickly and took to heart many of the principles outlined in the chapters. Times have been really tough as of late as pressure rises from work, my personal relationships in turmoil, and the pressure to pursue my dreams gets greater. I decided to open up my mind in an excercise in living be these agreements (literally) for the next few months ;-) Kinda like me talking the talk, and walking the walk. lol

I decided to share my experiences on this journey on my blog, in hopes that something I  experience can positively impact the life of someone else. 

Here are the Four Agreements: 
1. The First Agreement: Be Impeccable with your word
2. The Second Agreement: Don't take anything personally
3. The Third Agreement: Don't make assumptions
4. The Four Agreement: Always do your best



 

So each week I will be talking about a new Agreement and how I manage life events relating to that agreement. It has been so helpful for me and I hope yo enjoy the journey! See you soon as we start the journey with The First Agreement: Be Impeccable With Your Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network