Friday, November 1, 2013

Seasons ~ Things are always changing

Its been so long since I've visited my blog and I feel so guilty :-/ Well I'm not going to beat myself up too bad because I have been super busy! Between working for Natural Hair Freedom, I also have my full time job as a social worker, which is demanding as much of my time and attention (10 times the stress) as my love & baby, Natural Hair Freedom. 



Natural Hair Freedom has been busy growing up! Since the birth in August 2012 (we celebrated the 1 year anniversary with the Cocktails & Curls Party) we have been growing by leaps and bounds, which has been such a blessing! The naturalistas in our community really provide so much support and I love connecting with naturals across the globe! 


Not only did we celebrate our 1 year anniversary with a Launch Party, in September  we also enjoyed meeting my hair stylist, Deshonica Kerrie and her stylist at the Instrinsic Beauty Salon in Sandy Springs GA. 

LETS TALK HAIR! was an awesome event where we learned soooooo much about natural hair. Deshonica was an excellent hostess and she LOVES talking about healthy hair care. 

We provided the naturals with chocolate covered strawberries and mimosas just as a treat just for coming by and spending the day with us!





After the workshop with Deshonica Kerrie and her stylist team, I decided to team up with Natty Coco, LLC and host a meetup with the Middle Georgia Naturals group. The Natural Social Mixer planning began!! 

The Mixer was held in Atlanta, Georgia and we had a great time with Will Williams, Arkeedah McCormick, Tekela Murray aka MsKelaBug, Deshonica Kerrie, and the Master Stylists in the Natural Stylist Challenge!!

The Marketplace had some wonderful vendors in  fashion, beauty, natural hair, wellness, food and MORE!! It was a memorable experience :-)







What a world wind of natural hair, beauty, education, healthy living and FUN!!!
Want to join your curlfriend with Natural Hair Freedom? Join our Atlanta Meetup group
Find out about other natural hair & beauty events across the globe on NHF Facebook page

If you ever have any questions about Natural Hair Freedom, please feel free to email Carnella Harvey at naturalhairfreedom@gmail.com. 

TTYS XOXO Carnella





No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network