Saturday, November 30, 2013

Natural Hair Freedom Featured on Essence.com

Hi Curlfriends!! God always shows you that the efforts you put in are being recognized even when you aren't quite feeling at your best. I have been feeling "a certain type of way" lately (just have so many things on my plate at once and my body isn't feeling it). I push myself so hard and sometimes, the rewards can be minimal. But I don't do the things that I do for any type of glory, and therefore I feel good about my most of my decisions. Well even if glory isn't my intentions, when you are rewarded with support and love of friends and colleagues to make GREAT and BEAUTIFUL collaborations come together, it is truly a blessing.

Myself (Natural Hair Freedom) Tiara Shipton (Showing My Roots) Daphne Ragland (Natty Coco, LLC)

I had the opportunity to collaborate with Daphne Ragland of Natty Coco, LLC to host The Natural Social Mixer was held October 12, 2013 and organized by Natural Hair Freedom & Middle Georgia Natural Meetup Groups. If you join each group, you get the benefits of membership and will stay updated with upcoming meetup events in the metro Atlanta and Middle Georgia areas. 
The event featured natural hair education, celebration, a hair stylist challenge, and awesome giveaways from our favorite natural hair & beauty sponsors

CURLS - Featured Sponsor for Natural Social Mixer 

Not only did our natural hair sponsors, CURLS show us LOVE, we also had some of the best of special guests from Natural Hair Stylists to Natural Hair Bloggers and Natural Hair Educators! 

Stylist Letoiya Clemons and her natural hair model, Jennifer
Macon, Georgia
Natural Hair Stylist, Sharonda Coco Styles Dixon
Atlanta, Georgia 


Natural Hair Blogger, BeautifulSoul
Atlanta, Georgia

Natural Hair Bloggers, NaturallyKela & ItsArkeedah

The Natural Social Mixer was not only a well attended event for the 2 groups working together, we also were featured on Essence.com, the online go to for hair, health, and beauty! http://photos.essence.com/galleries/street-style-hair-naturals-mix
How awesome is that?! We really owe the great photography of Trudy Susan of 4CNatural Hair Chick. She has done photography for various social media events from small to large! What a sweetheart :-) 

I hope to be able to meet YOU at an upcoming event with Natural Hair Freedom! 
You can join us in our Atlanta group HERE >>> Meetup.com

Stay Blessed, 

XOXO Coco Natural 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Curlfriend Social Network